Associate Professor, Physics
PhD: Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre / Jadavpur University , 2007
Assistant Professor : Bose Institute, Kolkata (2010 - 2014)
Research Scientist : Bose Institute, Kolkata (2008 - 2010)
Research Associate : Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (2007 - 2008)
Visiting Scientist : Gesellschaft fuer Schwerionenforschung mbH, Darmstadt, Germany (2005 - 2007)
- Relativistic Heavy Ion Collision, Quark-Hadron Phase transition, Signatures of QGP
- Detection of cosmic ray air showers
- R&D with nuclear detectors
Department of Physics
Unified Academic Campus
EN-80, Sector V
Kolkata - 700 091, India
- Jet studies using ALICE data : Jets are reconstructed from charged particle tracks recorded in Time Projection Chamber (TPC) in ALICE detector from hadronic as well as heavy ion collisions at LHC energies. Jet shape parameters, energy distribution within the jets, energy dependence of these observables are studied. These studies not only help to test perturbative Quantum Chromodynamics (pQCD) at these energies but also provide insight to the characterization of the matter created at extreme conditions.
- R&D on GEM detectors for ALICE TPC upgrade program: We are working on several aspects of GEM detectors such as long term stability of the detector considering continuous operation for years in High Energy Physics experiments such as ALICE. This activity involves both work with small prototype detectors at laboratory as well as simulation to study the performance.
- Muon Chamber detector for CBM experiment at FAIR: We are part of a consortium of several Indian universities and research institutes responsible to built and operate a Muon Chamber (MUCH) detector for the CBM experiment at FAIR. The MUCH uses both GEM (for the first few stations where particle density is very high) and Straw Tube / Resistive Plate Chambers (for the latter stations). The detector modules will be fabricated, installed and commissioned at the CBM experiment.
- Active detector array for detection of cosmic ray air showers: An array of active detectors using scintillators for detecting cosmic ray air showers at mountain altitude is being developed at Darjeeling (~2200 m a.s.l.). This will in turn provide the information such as rate, energy, direction of primary cosmic rays.
International Collaborations :
- A Large Ion Collider Experiment (ALICE)
- Compressed Baryonic Matter (CBM)
- Rathijit Biswas, Subikash Choudhury, Sidharth K. Prasad and Supriya Das - Study of jet-medium interactions using jet shape observables in heavy ion collisions at LHC energies with JEWEL, J. Phys. G : Nucl. Part. Phys. 46 (2019) 095004, doi : https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6471/ab2e69
- Debojit Sarkar, Supriya Das and Subhasis Chattopadhyay - Investigating the particle production at intermediate pT using identified triggered correlation in pp collisions at √s = 7 TeV, Nucl. Phys. A989, 13-20 (2019)
- Aggarwal MM et al. - Particle identification studies with a full-size 4-GEM prototype for the ALICE TPC upgrade, Nucl. Inst. Meth. A903, 215 (2018), doi : https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2018.06.084
- Adak Ramaprasad, Das Supriya, Ghosh Sanjay K, Ray Rajarshi, Samanta Subhasis - Centrality dependence of chemical freeze-out parameters from net-proton and net-charge fluctuations using a hadron resonance gas model, Phys. Rev. C96, 014902 (2017), doi : 10.1103/PhysRevC.96.014902
- Adak Ramaprasad, Kumar Ajit, Dubey Anand Kumar, Chttopadhyay Subhasis, Das Supriya, Raha Sibaji, Samanta Subhasis, Saini Joginder - Performance of a large size triple GEM detector at high particle rate for the CBM Experiment at FAIR, Nucl. Inst. Meth. A846, 29 (2017), arXiv:1604.02899v2 [physics.ins- det]
- Biswas S, Das S, Ghosh S K, Nag D, Raha S - Development of scintillator detector for detection of cosmic ray shower, JINST 12, C06026 (2017), doi:10.1088/1748-0221/12/06/C06026
- Sahu S, Nag D, Rudra S, Swain S, Biswas S, Das S, Sahu P K - Design and fabrication of data logger to measure the ambient parameters in gas detector R&D, JINST 12, C05006 (2017), doi : 10.1088/1748-0221/12/05/C05006
- Adak R P, Biswas S, Das S, Ghosal D, Ghosh S K, Mondal A, Nag D, Nayak T K, Patra R N, Prasad S K, Raha S, Sahu P K, Sahu S, Swain S - Long-term stability test of a triple GEM detector, JINST 11, T10001 (2016) doi : 10.1088/1748-0221/11/10/T10001
- Bhattacharyya Abhijit, Das Supriya, Ghosh Sanjay K, Ray Rajarshi, Samanta Subhasis - Fluctuations and correlations of conserved charges in an excluded volume hadron resonance gas model, Phys. Rev. C90, no 3., 034909 (2014), doi : 10.1103/PhysRevC.90.034909
Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D
- Instrumentation : MPHC4312 (CT-INT)
- Techniques in Nuclear and Particle Physics (Classes meet on Wednesdays at 14:30 hrs and Fridays at 14:30 hrs.)
|Mohammad Asif Bhat||Junior Research Fellow||Physics||Centenary||25693137||asifqadir|
Rama Prasad Adak (currently Post Doctoral Research Associate at Fudan University, Sanghai, China)
Research and Development of GEM based Muon Chamber Detector for the Compressed Baryonic Matter experiment at FAIR (University of Calcutta, 2018)
|Subhasis Samanta (currently Post Doctoral Research Associate at NISER, Bhubaneswar)
Fluctuation-Correlation and Dimuon production in high energy heavy-ion collision experiments (University of Calcutta, 2017)
We are looking for candidates for doctoral research. People with UGC/CSIR NET JRF scholarship may directly contact supriya [at] jcbose.ac.in.