Professor, Chemical Sciences
PhD: CSIR-IICB, 2006
Scientist-Principal Scientist, NPMC division, CSIR-IIIM (20th March 2006 - 23rd Dec 2022)
Exchange Research fellowship with Professor David Crich, Wayne State University, USA (11th Nov 2011- 12th Nov 2012).
Principal Scientist and Head Of Department (NPC-Plant, Microbes, Bio-Organic Chemistry Dept.) (2017-2021)
Professor (Department of Chemical Science, Bose Institute, Kolkata -27th December 2022 on-wards)
Unified Academic Campus
EN-80, Sector V
Kolkata - 700 091, India
Prof Debaraj Mukerjee’s laboratory is engaged in the development of novel methods for O-/C-/N-glycosylation, nucleoside synthesis, synthesis of oligosaccharide mimetics, and carbohydrate-fused bicyclic systems containing medium-ring to macrocyclic of promising therapeutic potential, non-infringing routes for the synthesis of carbohydrate-based active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). Prof Mukherjee’s lab is also focusing on the generation of natural product-inspired small molecule-based leads in the area of cancer, neurodegenerative disease, antiviral, and antimicrobial chemotherapeutics.
1. NEW METHODS OF b-C-ARYL-MANNOSYLATION AND ITS APPLICATION IN THE SYNTHESIS OF GLIFLOZINS AND BIOACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTS (Application No: 0191NF2017) as Principle Inventor
2. INDOLYLKOJYL DERIVATIVES AS INHIBITOR OF INVASION AND METASTASIS IN HUMAN MAMMARY GLAND CARCINOMAS. 2016 (US Patent PCT/IN2018/050060) as Principle Inventor
3. NON INFRINGING PROCESS FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF N4-HYDROXYCYTIDINE AND ITS DERIVATIVES. (Application no. 202111020678)as Principle Inventor.
4. A PROCESS FOR TETRAHYDROANTHRACENES PRODUCTION FROM STREPTOMYCES CURACOI (MTCC-25420) AND ANTICANCER ACTIVITY THEREOF. International publication date 27 April 2023,(Publication of WO2023067617A1) as Principal Inventor.
- Switchable reactivity of 2-benzoyl glycals towards stereoselective access of 1-3 and 1-1 S/O linked disaccharides. Irshad Ahmad Zargar, Bisma Rasool, Norein Sakander and Debaraj Mukherjee*.Chemical Communication,July 31,2023, DOI: 10.1039/d3cc02870d
- Impact of Disease States on the Oral Pharmacokinetics of EIDD-1931(an Active Form of Molnupiravir) in Rats for Implication in the Dose Adjustment. Mahir Bhardwaj, Abhishek Gour, Ajaz Ahmed, Sumit Dhiman, Diksha Manhas, Parul Khajuria, Priya Wazir, Debaraj Mukherjee, and Utpal Nandi*.Molecular Pharmaceutics, July 13,2023,https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.3c00314.
- Lewis Acid Catalysed Regioselective Access of Novel C-2 Homo-Pyranose Nucleosides From 2-Acetoxy Methyl Glycals. Ajaz Ahmed, Norein Sakander and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemsitry select, March 2023, 8, e202300578. https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.202300578 (IF 2.31)
- Regio and
Stereoselective One-Pot Synthesis of 2-Deoxy-3-thio Pyranoses and Their
O-Glycosides from Glycals. Bhardwaj, M. and Debaraj Mukherjee*. The
Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2023, 88(9), pp.5676-5686.
https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.3c00146 (IF 4.198)
- Base-Mediated Transformation of Glycals to Their Corresponding Vinyl Iodides and Their Application in the Synthesis of C-3 Enofuranose and Bicyclic 3, 4-Pyran-Fused Furanose. Norein Sakander,Ajaz Ahmed,Irshad Ahmad Zargar,and Debaraj Mukherjee*. The Journal of Organic Chemistry, June 14, 2023, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.3c00302
- Pd catalyzed synthesis of Hetero 1,2-Interlinked C-Disaccharides by Coupling of iodo Glycals with Glycals. Bisma Rasoola,b, Irshad Ahmad Zargar, Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee*.Chemical Communication,June 27,2023, DOI: 10.1039/D3CC02421K.
- Stereoselective and regioselective Heck arylation at C-17 exocyclic double bond of andrographolide to generate labdane-based lead molecule against acute lung injury. Kumar, A., Gour, A., Dhiman, S., Hudait, N., Kumar, P., Vashishth, D., Kaur, S., Abdullah, S.T., Nandi, U. and Debaraj Mukherjee* Journal of Molecular Structure, 2023, 1286, p.135568. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2023.135568 (IF 3.196)
· Isolation and anticancer activity evaluation of rare Bisaryl anthraquinone antibiotics from novel S treptomyces sp . strain of NW Himalayan region, Ravi Singh Manhas,Syed Mudabir, Khalid Basir Mir, Ajaz Ahmed, Snigdha Sharma, Diksha Mahas, Harshita Tiwari, Amit Kumar, Amit Nargotra, Utpal Nandi, Anindya Goswami, Asha Chaubey and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemico-Biological Interactions 365(2022) 110093. August 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2022.110093
· Ni-catalyzed domino transformation of enopyranoses and 2-iodo phenols/anilines to pyrano cis fused dihydro-benzofurans/indoles. Monika Bhardwaj, Bisma Rasool and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemical Communications, May 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/D2CC02028A
· Conversion of glycals to 2,3-Di-Substituted-3-deoxy-glycals via N-(Glycosyloxy) acetamides assisted C-2-Alkenylation and C-3-Nucleophilic Substitution.Irshad Ahmed Zargar,Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemistry- An Asian Journal, April 2022, DOI: 10.1002/asia.202200350
· Setomimycin as a potential molecule for COVID‑19 target: in silico approach and in vitro validation. Ravi S. Manhas, Harshita Tiwari, Mateen Noor, Ajaz Ahmed, Jyoti Vishwakarma , Raja B. M. Tripathi,Ravishankar Ramachandran, Sreedhar Madishetti,Debaraj Mukherjee*, Amit Nargotra, Asha Chaubey, Molecular Diversity, April 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11030-022-10441-5
· Iodine Catalysed Tandem Stereoselective Acetalation-Glycosylation of Reducing Sugars Using Acetals/Ketals: Application in the Synthesis of Orthogonally Protected Nucleosides, Junaid Shafi Banday,Ajaz Ahmed and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemistry Select, April 2022, DOI: 10.1002/slct.202201132
· Stereoselective Construction of Orthogonally Protected,N-O Interlinked Disaccharide Mimetics Using N-Substituted β- Aminooxy Donors. Ajaz Ahmed and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Journal Of Organic Chemistry, March 2022, DOI: : https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.1c03097
· Diastereoselective synthesis of glycopyrans 1,2-annulated with dioxazinanes from 1,2-anhydrosugars and N-substituted nitrones. Ajaz Ahmed, Norein Sakander, Faheem Rasool, Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, January 2022, DOI: 10.1039/d1ob02310a
· Design,Synthesis,Biological Investigations and Molecular Interactions of Triazole linked Tacrine Glycoconjugates as Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors with Reduced Hepatotoxicity. Harmandeep Kaur Gulati, Sushil Choudhary, Nitish Kumar, Ajaz Ahmed, Kavita Bhagat, Jatinder Vir Singh, Atamjit Singh, Ajay Kumar, Preet Mohinder Singh Bedi, Harbinder Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee* Bioorganic Chemistry, November 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2021.105479.
· Conversion of N-acyl amidines to amidoximes:a convenient synthetic approach to molnupiravir
o (EIDD-2801) from ribose. Ajaz Ahmed, Qazi Naveed Ahmed and Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, November 2021,11,36143, https://doi.org/10.1039/d1ra06912h
· The mechanism of conversion of substituted glycals to chiral acenes via Diels–Alder reaction: a computational study. Kalyanashis Jana, Padmaja D. Wakchaure, Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee* and Bishwajit Ganguly. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, July 2021, 19,6353.
· Effect of temperature and insect herbivory on the regulation of glucosinolatemyrosinase system in Lepidium latifolium. Rohini Bhata, Sheenam Faiza, Villayat Ali, Manu Khajuria, Debaraj Mukherjee, and Dhiraj Vyas* Physiologia Plantarum. 2021, 172:53–63
· Glycorandomization: A promising diversification strategy for the drug development.
· Bharat Goel, Nancy Tripathi, Debaraj Mukherjee*, Shreyans K.Jain*. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 213, 2021, 113156
· LC and LC–MS/MS studies for identification and characterization of new degradation products of ibrutinib and elucidation of their degradation pathway. Lovekesh Mehta, Tanveer Naved, Parul Grover, Monika Bhardwaj, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, November 2020, 113768, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2020.113768.
· Synthesis and Conformational Analysis of 2-O-Silyl Protected Nucleosides from Unprotected Nucleobases and Sugar epoxides, Azaz Ahmed, Faheem Rasool, Gurpreet Singh, Meenu Katoch, Debaraj Mukherjee.* Eur. JOC., 2020, 4408–4416.
· 2-Halo Glycals as “Synthon” for 2-C-Branched Sugar: Recent Advances and Applications in Organic Synthesis, Nazar Hussain, Azaz Ahmed, Debaraj Mukherjee.* Asian J. Org. Chem. 2020, 9, 882 – 897, DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.202000195.
· Synthesis of Aryl Ethers of Carbohydrates via Reaction with Arynes: Selective O-Arylation of Trans Vicinal Dihydroxyl Groups in Carbohydrates. Monika Bhardwaj, Nazar Hussain, Irshad Ahmad Zargar, Ashutosh K. Dash, Debaraj Mukherjee.* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2020, 18, 4174–4177. DOI: 10.1039/D0OB00540A.
· Description of Druglike Properties of Safranal and Its Chemistry behind Low Oral Exposure. Ashish Dogra, Pankul Kotwal, Abhishek Gour, Shipra Bhatt, Gurdarshan Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee, and Utpal Nandi*. ACS Omega, 2020 5 (17), 9885-9891.
· Conversion of Amino Acids to Aryl/Heteroryl ethanol metabolites Using Human CYP2D6-Expressing Live Baker’s Yeast as potential Anti-Depressant Agent. Monika Bhardwaj, Shifali Chib, Loveleena Kaur, Amit Kumar, Bhabatosh Chaudhuri, Fayaz Malik, Saurabh Saran, Debaraj Mukherjee*, RSC Medicinal Chemistry, 2020, 11,142
· 2‐halo Glycals as “Synthon” for 2‐C‐Branched Sugar: Recent advances and applications in organic synthesis. Nazar Hussian, Ajaz Ahmed, Debaraj Mukherjee.* Asian Journal Of Organic Chemistry, 2020, DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.202000195.
· Recent advances in metal catalyzed carbonylation reactions by using formic acid as CO surrogate. Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee* Chemistry Select , 2020, 10.1002/slct.202003395
· Metabolite detection and Profiling using Analytical Methods. Lovekesh Mehta Parul Grover, Tanveer Naved, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Current Pharmaceutical Analysis, 17,1,2020.
· DOI: 10.2174/1573412915666190906142536
· Palladium catalysed carbonylation of 2-iodoglycals for the synthesis of C-2 carboxylic acids and aldehydes taking formic acid as carbonyl source. Ajaz Ahmed, Nazar Hussian, Monika Bhardwaj, Anuj Kumar, Amit Kumar, Debaraj Mukherjee.* RSC Advances, 2019, 9, 22227
· Indolylkojyl methane analogue IKM5 potentially inhibits invasion of breast cancer cells via attenuation of GRP78. Debasis Nayak, Archana Katoch, Deepak Sharma, Mir Mohd. Faheem Souneek Chakraborty, Promod Kumar Sahu, Naveed Anjum Chikan, Hina Amin, · Ajai Prakash Gupta, Sumit G. Gandhi, Debaraj Mukherjee, Anindya Goswami. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 2019, DOI.org/10.1007/s10549-019-05301-0
· Green chemistry appended synthesis, metabolic stability and pharmacokinetic assessment of medicinally important chromene dihydropyrimidinones. Ashutosh K. Dasha, Debaraj Mukherjee, Abhijeet Dhulap, Saqlain Haider, Deepak Kumar. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2019, 29, 24, 126750.
· Synthesis of Sugar-Based Enones and Their Transformation into 3,5-Disubstituted Furans and 2‑Acyl-Substituted 1,2,3-Trideoxy Sugars in the Presence of Lewis Acids. Nazar Hussain, Monika Bhardwaj, Ajaz Ahmed and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic. Letters, 2019, 21, 3034−3037.
· Construction of Fused Oxabicyclic Scaffolds from Glycals and Styrenes via One-Pot Domino Transformations. Monika Bhardwaj, Faheem Rasool, Madhu Babu Tatina, and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic. Letters, 2019, 21, 3038−3042.
· Pharmacokinetic evaluation of medicinally important synthetic N,N′ diindolylmethane glucoside: Improved synthesis and metabolic stability. Asmita Magotraa, Abhishek Goura, , Deepak K. Sharmac, Ashutosh K. Dash,Gurdarshan Singha, Debaraj Mukherjee, Utpal Nandi* Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2019,8,1007-1011.
· One-pot Regio and Stereoselective Synthesis of C-Glycosyl Amides From Glycals Using Vinyl Azides as Glycosyl Acceptors, Faheem Rasool, Ajaz Ahmed, Nazar Hussain Syed Khalid Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee,* Organic Letters, 2018, 20, 4036-4039.
· Cross dehydrogenative coupling of sugar enol ethers with terminal alkenes in the synthesis of pseudo-disaccharides, chiral oxadecalins and a conjugated triene, Nazar Hussain, Madhubabu Tatina, Debaraj Mukherjee,* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2018,16, 2666-2677.
· Dual Role of Par-4 in abrogation of EMT and switching on Mesenchymal to Epithelial Transition (MET) in metastatic pancreatic cancer cells. Katoch, A., Suklabaidya, S., Chakraborty, S., Nayak, D., Rasool, R., Sharma, Debaraj, Mukherjee, Faheem, M.M., Kumar, A., Sharma, P.R., Senapati, S., Kumar, L.D. and Goswami, A. Molecular Carcinogenesis. 2018,57,9,1102-1115.
· Transformation of Substituted Glycals to Chiral Fused Aromatic Cores via Annulative π‑Extension Reactions with Arynes, Nazar Hussain, Kalyanashis Jana, Bishwajit Ganguly, Debaraj Mukherjee,* Organic Letters, 2018, 20, 1572-1575.
· Detailed account on activation mechanisms of ruthenium coordination complexes and their role as antineoplastic agents, Mousumi Pal, Utpal Nandi, Debaraj Mukherjee, * European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2018,150, 419–445.
· Pd-Catalyzed Regio- and Stereoselective C-Nucleoside Synthesisv from Unactivated Uracils and Pyranoid Glycals. Faheem Rasool, Debaraj mukherjee*, Organic Letters, 2017, 19, 4936–4939.
· Regiospecific Synthesis of Ring A Fused Withaferin A Isoxazoline Analogues: Induction of Premature Senescence by W-2b in Proliferating Cancer Cells. Faheem Rassol, Debashis, Anindya Goswami and Debaraj Mukherjee*, Nature Scientific Reports, 2017, 7, 13749.
· RU Rasool, D Nayak, S Chakraborty, MM Faheem , B Rah , P Mahajan, V Gopinath , A Katoch,, Z Iqra, SK Yousuf , Debaraj Mukherjee, LD Kumar, A Nargotra and A Goswami*, “AKT is indispensable for coordinating Par-4/JNK cross talk in p21 downmodulation during ER stress”, Oncogenesis,2017, 6, e341.
· One-pot Mukaiyama type carbon-Ferrier rearrangement of glycals: Application in the syntheses of chromanone 3-C-glycosides. Ashutosh K. Dash, Madhu Babu Tatina,Said Khaalid Yousuf, S. Raina and Debaraj Mukherjee* Carbohydrate Research, 2017, 438, 1-8.
· Reaction of glycals with organic peroxides: Synthesis of 2-iodo, 2-deoxy and 2,3-unsaturated glycosides. Faheem Rasool, Debaraj mukherjee* Chemistry select, 2016, 1, 6553-6557.
· Diastereoselective sp2-sp3 coupling of sugar enol ethers with unactivated cycloalkenes: new entries to C-branched sugars. Nazar Hussain,, Madhu Babu Tatina, Faheem Rasool, and Debaraj Mukherjee* Org. Biomol. Chem.,2016, 14, 9989-9992.
· Isolation and conversion of Penicillic acid to 6- iodo-α -pyran-2,5-dione: A key intermediate for the synthesis of Pectinolide F Deepak K. Sharma, Sundeep Jaglan & Debaraj Mukherjee* Synthetic Communications, 2016, 46, 902-908.
· Ligand Free Palladium Catalyzed Synthesis of 3-Aryl/heteroaryl-4-Indolylmaleimide and its Antimicrobial Activity. Deepak K. Sharma, Vikrant S. Rajput, Samsher Singh, Rashmi Sharma, Inshad A. Khan, and Debaraj Mukherjee* ChemistrySelect 2016, 1, 1954-1958.
· Tandem gem–dichlorination and nitrile oxide generation from chlorochromene aldoximes: synthesis of a new class of room temperature fluxional 4-chromanone derivatives. Ashutosh K. Dash, Chaitanya K. Jaladanki, Dilip K. Maiti, Deepika Singh, Anil K. Tripathi, Vivek K. Gupta, Prasad V. Bharatam, and Debaraj Mukherjee* ChemistrySelect 2016,3,567-571.
· Escherichia coli N-Acetylglucosamine-1-Phosphate Uridyltransferase /Gluco samine-1- Phosphate-Acetyltransferase (GlmU) Inhibitory Activity of Terreic Acid Isolated from Aspergillus terreus.Rashmi Sharma · Mallikharjuna Rao Lambu · Urmila,Jamwal ·ChitraRani,· Reena Chib,PriyaWazir, Debaraj Mukherjee, Asha Chaubey, Inshad Ali Khan*. J Biomol Screen,.
· Copper-Manganese Spinel Oxide Catalyzed Synthesis of Amides and Azobenzenes via Aminyl Radical Cations .Shaista Sultan, Manjeet Kumar, ShekaraiahDevari, DebarajMukherjee, BhahwalAliShah*.ChemCatChem, 2016, 8, 703 707.
· Dual modulation of Ras-Mnk and PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathways: A Novel c-FLIP inhibitory mechanism of 3-AWA mediated translational attenuation through dephosphorylation of eIF4E.Reyaz ur Rasool, Bilal Rah, Hina Amin, Debasis Nayak, Souneek Chakraborty, Abdul Rawoof4, Mubashir Javed Mintoo, KhalidYousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee, Lekha Dinesh Kumar, Dilip Manikaro Mondhe & Anindya Goswami*. Nature Scientific Reports., 2016, 6, 18800.
· Organo-zinc Promoted Diastereoselective C-Arylation of 1,2-Anhydrosugars from Arylboronic Acids” M. B. Tatina, A. K. Kusunuru, Debaraj Mukherjee* Organic Letters., 2015, 17, 4624–4627.
· TEMPO-Promoted Domino Heck−Suzuki Arylation: Diastere oselective Cis-Diarylation of Glycals and Pseudoglycals A. K. Kusunuru, C. K. Jaladanki, M. B. Tatina, P.V.Bharatam,Debaraj Mukherjee*Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 3742–3745
· “Desulfitative C-arylation of glycals using benzene sulfonyl chlorides” A. K. kusunuru, T. Madhubabu, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee* European Journal of Organic Chemistry 2015, 459–462.
· PAWR-mediated suppression of BCL2 promotes switching of 3-azido withaferin A (3-AWA)-induced autophagy to apoptosis Q1 in prostate cancer cells B. Rah, R. ur Rasool, D. Nayak, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee, L. D. Kumar, A. Goswami*, Autophagy 2015, 11, 1-18.
· Cation Clock Reactions for the Determination of Relative Reaction Kinetics in Glycosylation Reactions: Applications to Gluco- and Mannopyranosyl Sulfoxide and Trichloroacetimidate Type Donors P. O. Adero, T. Furukawa, M. Huang, Debaraj Mukherjee, P. Retailleau, L. Bohe. David Crich*, Journal of American Chemical Society, 2015, 137, 10336-10345.
· A therapeutically relevant, 3,3’-diindolylmethane derivative NGD 16 attenuates angiogenesis by targeting glucose regulated protein, 78kDa (GRP78), Debasis, Deepak, Debaraj Mukherjee, Anindya Goswami*Chemico-Biological Interactions 2015, 232, 58-67
· “Transformation of glycals to α,β,γ,δ- conjugated chirons under metal free condition’’; T. Madhubabu, S. K. Yousuf, A. K. Kusunuru, Debaraj Mukherjee* European Journal of Organic Chemistry. 2014, 7333–7338.
· “Synthesis of heteroaryl/aryl kojic acid conjugates as stimulators of glucose uptake by GLUT4 translocation”; D. K. Sharma, J. Pandey, A. K. Tamrakar, Debaraj Mukherjee*. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2014, 85, 727-736.
· “Aldol reaction of kojic acid using alumina supported base catalyst and enzymatic resolution of the aldol adduct by CALB’’; D. K. Sharma, B. Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Tetrahedron Letters, 2014, 55, 5846-5850.
· “Zinc mediated activation of terminal alkynes: stereoselective synthesis of alkynyl glycosides’’; T. MadhuBabu, A. K. Kusunuru, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry., 2014, 12, 7900-7903.
· “Diastereoselective synthesis of highly functionalized cis-1-oxadecalines via 6-endo-tet-cyclizations of 2-C-branched sugars”; M. R. Lambu and Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 37908-37913.
· “Synthesis of C-spiro-glycoconjugates from sugar lactones via zinc mediated Barbier reaction’’; M. R. Lambu, S. K. Yousuf, A. K. Tripathi, D. K. Sharma, A. Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances 2014, 4, 11023-11028.
· “Highly diastereoselective 1,2-dichlorination of glycals using NCS/PPh3: study of substituent and solvent effects. Tetrahedron A. Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Tetrahedron, 2014, 70, 1133-1139
· “A new class of bactericidal agents against S. aureus, MRSA and VRE derived from bisindolylmethane’’; D. K. Sharma, A. K. Tripathi, R. Sharma, R. Chib, R. ur Rasool, A. Hussain, B. Singh, A. Goswami, I. A. Khan, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Med Chem Res, 2013, 23, 1643-1653.
· Synthesis, Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of a Novel, Therapeutically Relevant N-Glycosylated Derivative of DIM (NGD16) as Potential Inhibitor of Angiogenesis. Debasis Naya, Hina Ami, Bilal Ra, Deepak Sharma, Reyaz ur Rasoo, Ajai Prakash Gupt, Manoj Kushwah, Debaraj Mukherjee* and Anindya Goswam*, Chem. Biol. Interact. 2014, 6, 278-288
· “Tandem regio- and diastereo-selective synthesis of halogenated C-vinyl glycosides from unactivated arylacetylenes’’; T. Madhubabu, A. K. Kusunuru, Syed Khalid Yousuf and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemical Communication, 2013, 49, 11409-11411.
· “Copper mediated highly stereoselective synthesis of C-glycosides from unactivated alkynes”; Anil Kumar, Syed Khalid Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Chemical Communication, 2013, 49, 10154-10156.
· “Synthesis of carbohydrate fused chiral macrocyclic benzolactones through Sonogashira reaction’’; Altaf Hussain, Mallikharjuna Rao L, Deepak K. Sharma, Anil K. Tripathi, Baldev Singh and Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 19899-19904
· “Cyanuric chloride/sodium borohydride: a new reagent combination for reductive opening of 4,6-benzylidene acetals of carbohydrates to primary alcohols” T. Madhubabu, S. K. Yousuf, S. Aravinda, B. Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Carbohydrate Research, 2013, 381, 142-145.
· “Medicinal chemistry of dihydropyran based medium ring macrolides related to aspergillides: selective inhibition of PI3K-alpha” M. R. Lambu, S. Kumar, S. K. Yousuf, D. K. Sharma, A. Hussain, A. Kumar, F. Malik, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2013, 56, 6122–6135.
· “Design and synthesis of carbohydrate based medium sized sulphur containing benzannulated macrocycles’’; Applications of Sonogashira and Heck coupling” A. Hussain, S. K. Yousuf, D. Kumar, M. R. Lambu, B. Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 5517-5524.
· "Ammonium chloride mediated synthesis of alkyl glycosides and evaluation of their immunomodulatory activity"; D. K. Sharma, M. Lambu, T. Sidiq, A. Khajuria, A. K. Tripathi, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 11450-11455.
· “Fe/Al pillared clay catalyzed solvent-free synthesis of bisindolylmethanes using diversly substituted indoles and carbonyl compounds”; D. Sharma, A. Hussain, M. R. Lambu, S. K. Yousuf, S. Maity, B. Singh, Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 2211-2215.
· “Synthesis of benzannulated chiral macrocycles embedded in a carbohydrate template by intramolecular base free Sonogashira reaction on alumina support’’; A. Hussain, S. K. Yousuf, D. Kumar, M. R. Lambu, B. Singh, S. Maity, Debaraj Mukherjee* Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis 2012, 354, 933–1940.
· “TCT mediated one-pot multicomponent transformation for the generation of orthogonally protected monosaccharide building blocks’’; T. Madhubau, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry., 2012, 10, 5357-5360
· “Design and synthesis of novel N,N’-glycoside derivatives of 3,3’-diindolylmethanes as potential antiproliferative agents” D. K. Sharma, B. A. Rah, M. Lambu, A. Hussain, S. K. Yousuf, G. Jamwal, Z. Ahmad, N. Chanauria, A. Nargotra, A. K. Tripathi, B. Singh, A. Goswami, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Med. Chem. Com., 2012, 3, 1082-1091.
· A novel MMP-2 inhibitor 3-azidowithaferin A (3-azidoWA) abrogates cancer cell invasion and angiogenesis by modulating extracellular Par-4. B. Rah, H. Amin, S. K. Yousuf, S Khan, G Jamwal, Debaraj Mukherjee*, A. Goswami. PLoS One. 2012, 7, e44039.
· “Regioselective azidotrimethylsilylation of carbohydrates and applications thereof”; M. R. Lambu, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*, Subhash Chandra Taneja*. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry. 2012, 10, 9090-9098.
· Previous publications
· “Highly regio-and stereoselective one pot synthesis of carbohydrate based butyrolactones”; S. K. Yousuf, S. C. Taneja, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Organic Letters, 2011, 13, 576-579.
· “Structural modifications of withaferin-A and evaluation of in-vitro cytotoxicity; a comprehensive SAR”; S. K. Yousuf, R. Majeed, M. Ahmad, P. L. Sangwan, B. Purnima, A. K. Saxsena, K. A. Suri, Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. C. Taneja. Steroids, 2011, 10–11, 1213-1222.
· “Stereoselective conversion of dihydropyran, dihydrofuran and glycals to 1-azido-2-halo derivatives using NIS/NBS -TMSN3 combination”; S. K. Yousuf, A. Hussain, D. K. Sharma, A. H. Wani, B. Singh, S. C. Taneja, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 2011, 30, 61-74.
· “An efficient preparation of biologically important 1, 2 amino alcohols”; P. Gupta, A. Rouf, B. A. Shah, Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. C. Taneja*. Synthetic Communications, 2011, 60, 3876.
· “Synthesis and cytotoxity of novel benzopyran derivatives”; A. K. Tripathi,* Debaraj Mukherjee, S Koul, S. C. Taneja, S. Agrawal, P. R Sharma, A. K. Saxena Indian J of Chem., 2011, 50B, 1619-1629.
· “Cu-Mn Bimetallic catalyst for Huisgen [3+2]-cycloaddition”; S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*, B. Singh, S. C. Taneja. Green Chemistry, 2010, 12,1568-1572
· “Multi-component cascade transformation of D-glucal to furan appended triazole glycoconjugates”; S. K. Yousuf, S. C. Taneja, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Journal of Organic Chemistry., 2010, 75, 3097-3100.
· “Reaction of carbohydrates with Vilsmeier reagent: a tandem selective chloro-O-formylation of sugars”; N. Thota, Debaraj Mukherjee*, M. V. Reddy, S. K. Yousuf, S. Koul, S. C. Taneja. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry., 2009, 7, 1280-1283.
· “Facile synthesis of various 2-substituted-4-(2-pyridyl) benzopyran analogues as target potassium channel opener”; A. K. Tripathi, Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. Koul, S. C. Taneja. Arkivoc, 2009, 4, 241-151.
· “Allyl Tetrahydropyranyl Ether: A versatile Alcohol/Thiol Protecting Reagent”; B. Kumar, M. A. Aga, Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. Chimni, S. C. Taneja*. Tetrahedron Letters, 2009, 50, 6236-6240.
· “Domino Transformation of D-Glucal to Racemic-a-Substituted-b-Hydroxymethyl Furfuryl Derivatives” Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. K. Yousuf, S. C. Taneja. Organic Letters, 2008, 10, 4831-4834
· “Indium trichloride promoted stereoselective synthesis of O-glycosides from trialkyl orthoformates” Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. K. Yousuf, S. C. Taneja. Tetrahedron Letters, 2008, 49, 4944-4948.
· “An expedient chemo-enzymatic method for the synthesis of optically active masked 1,2-amino alcohols”; P. Gupta, S. C. Taneja*, B. A. Shah, Debaraj Mukherjee*, R. Parshad, S. S. Chimni, G. N. Qazi. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2008, 19, 1898-1903.
· “Tandem acetalation-acetylation of sugars and related derivatives with enolacetates under solvent-Free conditions”; Debaraj Mukherjee, B. A. Shah, P. Gupta, S. C. Taneja. Journal of Organic Chemistry., 2007, 72, 8965-8968.
· “A rapid stereoselective C-glycosidation of indoles and pyrrole via indium trichloride promoted reactions of glycosyl halides”; Debaraj Mukherjee, S. K. Sarkar, U. S. Chowdhury and S. C. Taneja. Tetrahedron Letters, 2007, 48, 663-667.
· “Synthesis of two Lewis-X trisaccharides using regiospecific glycosylation reactions”; Debaraj Mukherjee, S. K Sarkar, P. Chattopadhyay, U. S. Chowdhury. Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 2005, 24, 251-259.
· “Synthesis of glycosides via indium(III) chloride mediated activation of glycosyl halide in neutral condition”; Debaraj Mukherjee, P. K Roy, U. S. Chowdhury. Tetrahedron, 2001, 57, 7701-7704.
1. 1. Nutraceutical Value of Wild Plants Used as Food and Medicine. Ashutosh K. Dash, Sunil Kumar and Debaraj Mukherjee.* From Ethnobotany to Ethnopharmacology: New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, 2020.
2.Biologically active carbohydrate-containing Macrocycles. Ashutosh K. Dash, Nazar Hussain, Debaraj Mukherjee.* Carbohydrates in Drug Discovery and Development, Publisher: Elsevier. 2020, 481-519, 1st Edition, ISBN: 9780128166758.
3.Camphor sulphonic acid mediated quantitative 1,3–diol protection of major Labdane diterpene isolated from Andrographis paniculata. Venu Sharma, Kamal K. Kapoor, Debaraj Mukherjee, Vivek K. Gupta, Manoj K. Dhar & Sanjana Kaul. Natural Product Research,2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/14786419.2017.14023.
4. Synthesis of macrolide natural products from carbohydrates”, Mallikharjuna Rao Lambu, Ashutosh K. Dash, Nazar Hussain, Sunil Bhat and Debaraj Mukherjee*, Trends in Carbohydrate Chemistry, 9, 2017, 1-13.
5. Advances in C-alkynylation of sugars and its application in organic synthesis’ Madhu Babu Tatina, Altaf Hussain, Ashutosh K. Dash and Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances 2016, 6,75960-75972.
6. 6. PAWR-mediated suppression of BCL2 promotes switching of 3-azido withaferin A (3-AWA)-induced autophagy to apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Bilal Rah, Reyaz ur Rasool, Debasis Nayak, Syed Khalid Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee, Lekha Dinesh Kumar & Anindya Goswami. Autophagy. 11:2, 314-331,2015, DOI: 10.1080/15548627.2015.1017182.
7. Importance and synthesis of benzannulated medium-sized and macrocyclic rings (BMRs)” A. Hussain, S. K. Yousuf and Debaraj Mukherjee*. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 43241-4325.
8. 8. Carbohydrate Based Blood Antigens in Cancer: Current Status and Future Perspectives” Syed Khalid Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*, S. C. Taneja, Letters in Drug Design & Discover. 2012, 9, 263-275.
9. 9. Mutasynthesis of medicinally important natural products through manipulation of gene governing starter unit” D. Sharma, S. K. Yousuf, Debaraj Mukherjee*. Nat. Prod. Med. Chem. 2010, 368-391.
1 10.RN01582, 5, 6, 7, 8-Tetrafluoro -1,4 –dihydro-2,9–dimethyl-1,4 ethen onaphthalene"Debaraj Mukherjee. Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis. (doi:10.1002/047084289X.rn01582).
fh 11. An Overview of N-Heterocyclic Carbene Properties and Application, Norein Sakander, Ajaz Ahmed, Bisma Rasool and Debaraj Mukherjee*. ( DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.1001331)
12. Recent Trends In The Synthesis and Biological Applications of Triazole fused Carbohydrate Glycoconjugates Towards Drug Discovery, Norein Sakander, Ajaz Ahmed and Debaraj Mukherjee*.
i7 13. Synthetic Strategies in Carbohydrate Chemistry Chapter 10 "Vinyl sugar enol ethers in Organic Synthesis". Junaid Shafi Banday, Irshad Ahmed Zargar, Nandagopal Hudait and Debaraj Mukherjee*. Publisher: Elsevier, Editor: Vinod Kumar Tewari, Paperback ISBN:9780323917292
- CSRI Bronze Medal-2023 by Chemical research society of India, 2023
- Student received (a)“Professor P. Sengupta Memorial Award” in Chemical Sciences (RTCS-2020), 2020; (b) Student received Best Poster Presentation Award and Scholarship, in XV J-NOST Conference at University of Delhi, Delhi,,2019; (c) RSC. Advances outstanding student paper award 2021 Out of over 900 nomina!ons all over the world; (d) Ist Best Paper award 2022-2023 in synthetic organic chemistry & Total Syntesis for the paper Ni-catalyzed domino transformation of enopyranoses and 2-iodo phenols/anilines to pyrano cis fused dihydro-benzofurans/indoles., 2020,2021,2022
- 2020 Professor D.K. Banerjee Memorial Lecture Award by Indian Institute of Science, Banglore,, 2020
- Resource Person Awardby Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi,, 2020
- Dr. H C Srivastava Memorial Award-2019 2019 by the ACCTI Executive Committee members in the International Carbohydrate conference (CARBO-XXXIV), 2019
- DST Boyscast fellowship for exchange programe with Professor. David Crich, Wayne State University, USA , 2011-2012
- Young Scientist Award in International Carbohydrate Conference (November 2006) at Delhi university, 2006
- D.S.T award for ‘Participation in the meeting of Nobel Laureates’ in Lindau,Germany , 2002
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR) by CSIR india, 2001
- GATE (Chemical Science), 1999
Conducting course work of Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR) research scholars in chemical sciences at IIIM-CSIR since 2011 till 2022. From 2019 to 2022 coordinator in chemical science course.
|Sanchari Kundu||Project Associate - I||Chemistry||Mainfirstname.lastname@example.org|
1. Dr.Syed Khalid Yousuf : Scientist CSIR-IIIM Srinagar
2. Dr. Altaf Hussain : Assistant Prof. and head of Chemistry, Higher Education Dept.Govt. of J&K, India (2017-present)
3.Dr. Deepak K Sharma : Assistant Prof. at Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi (At present)
4. Dr. Malikharjuna RaoLambu : Senior Manager at Varanous Labs Private Limited Hyderabad 2020-still
5. Dr. Anil Kumar Kunusuru: Associate Scientific officer at Aragen Lifesciences(GVK bio) 2020-till date
6. Dr. MadhuBabuTatina : Ramanujan Fellow IICT-Hyderabad 2021-still
7.Dr. Ashutosh K. Dash : Senior Research Scientist (Dev Synthesis, Medicinal Chemistry CRO, Hyderabad, India)
8. Dr. FaheemRasool :Assistant Professor (Chemistry) GCW Parade Jammu
9. Dr.Nazar Hussain : Assistant Professor, BHU.
10.Dr.Ajaz Ahmed : Post doctoral fellow at UCLA, USA.
11.Dr.Monika Bhardwaj : Post doctoral fellow at Institute of Biological Chemistry Academia sinica,Taipei,Taiwan
1.Junaid Shafi Banday
2. Irshad Ahmed Zargar
3. Norein Sakander
4. Bisma Rasool
5. Sanchari Kundu